Cyber Academy of South Carolina is governed by the Board of directors for South Carolina Learns, a non-profit organization comprised of community leaders. Public notice of our board meetings can be found here.
The CASC Board meets bi-monthly at 1:00 PM via teleconference. It will be on the 2nd Monday of the month unless noted otherwise. Anticipated schedule will include January, March, May, July, September, and November.
Interested participants may join by dialing into the following conference call line:
Next Board Meeting: The next meeting will be May 24th, 2019 via conference line. The agenda is posted below. This is a special called meeting for budget and staffing review.
Copies of the board minutes are available below.
If you would like copies of any school and/or board policies, please contact Operations Manager, Michael White at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note CASC has 2 vacancies for a two-year term on our Board of Directors. If you are interested in being considered to fill a vacancy please send an email to email@example.com answering the following questions:
- Why are you running for the Board of Directors?
- Is there a particular issue that motivates you to serve on the board of education?
- What particular experiences or skills have prepared you to serve as a board member?
- What do you see as the primary work of the board of education?
- What is a school board member’s role and responsibility? How does that role differ from the role of the superintendent or administration?
- Could you support a board decision you did not vote in favor of? Why or why not?
- Given all the issues that arise, how can the board stay focused on student achievement?
- In what school district or community activities/organizations have you been involved?
- Why should you be elected to the Board of Directors?
Please reply by 1PM Thursday, June 4th.
DAVID CROOK; HEAD OF SCHOOL
CASC Board Members—Elected Officers 2017–2019
Name: Jennifer Hincapie, Board Chair; Greenville, SC (term 05/13/2014-06/30/2020)
Name: Sandra Sandifer, Vice-Chairperson; Seneca SC (term 11/06/2013-06/30/2019)
Name: Steve Fowle; Fort Mill (term 11/06/2014-06/30/2019)
Name: Judy Stancil; Seneca, SC (term 3/12/2018-6/30/2019)
Name: Meredith Golla; Greenville, South Carolina (term 7/1/17-06/30/2019)
Name: Jane Cahaly; (term 06/25/2014-06/30/2020)
Name: Wayne Brazell; Richland, SC (Term 3/2019-6/2020)